Sunday, January 31, 2010

Steve Wright Contd.

I neglected to tell of my experience with art and art history. I've taken Art Appreciation at NWACC with Eric Smith and I plan to take Art History II; and American Art History when it is available in the future. I have a small art collection with works by Peter Max, Salvador Dali, Van Rijn Rembrandt, Romain de Tirtoff Erte, David Schluss, Itzchak Tarkay, Nicola Simbari, Walt Disney Studios, Gary Benfield, Joanna Zjawinska, Emile Bellet, Tomaz Rut, and Steven Bloom.

I have been very fortunate to travel a lot and experience many works of art across the globe. I have been to the Metropolitan Museum of Art-NY, Walker Art Museum-Minneapolis, Denver Art Museum, Legion of Honor-San Francisco, Louvre-Paris, Uffizzi-Florence, Academia-Florence, Bargello-Florence, to name a few. I have traveled to meccas of art including Italy to visited Rome, Vatican City, Florence, Cortona, Sienna, Venice, Naples, Pompeii and others in the Tuscan countryside. I have been to Greece and visited Athens, Mykonos, Santorini. I've been to parts of Spain including Barcelona, but unfortunately only saw the outdoors works at the Guggenheim in Lisbon. As these were some of the highlights I will try to blog about the specific works or art, including paintings, sculpture, architecture , etc that I was lucky enough to see.

I welcome any questions and or comments please.

No comments: