Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Should art be intentional and representational to be considered art? What is your personal definiton of art?

Anything that is created or designed by someone would be considered art, regardless if it's intentional or meant to be representational. Therefore I don't believe artwork should be represented by actual objects or done on purpose to be considered art. Someone can draw a few lines on a piece of paper out of boredom and some may consider that art. I believe it depends how one may view another's artwork and then decide for themselves if it's art or not. Everyone has different opinions on what is art and what is not. For me, art is art and there's some things that move me and some things that don't. Art can be anything created by any medium. If someone puts effort into creating or designing something, then I consider it art. Art can range from someone like my 4 year old daughter to a well-known artist, like Pablo Picasso.

No comments: