Monday, April 5, 2010

Theocratic Government

Theocracy can be a good thing or it could be a bad thing, depending on how a person looks at it. If everyone believed in the same thing, I think it has the possibility of being a good system, but even then things could go badly. As we all well know, this world, including the United States, is made up of many different ideas, views, opinions, and beliefs. That is why I believe that the separation of church and state that we practice here in the U.S. is a very good system. Every theocratic government throughout the ages has ran into problems with it in some way or another. Its very difficult, and I think wrong as well, to force a belief system or religion on a person. I personally am a man of deep conviction by way of my God and Savior Jesus Christ, and would not enjoy someone else forcing me to worship their god. Even though I wish others would know the same God I do, I do not feel it is right to force my beliefs on others. A belief system should always be a choice. If not we're all just slaves to something or someone we may or may not want to serve. I feel that the middle east is a good example of a theocracy today. It may work for some, but others I'm sure are trapped by the religion. And due to their extremest beliefs, we, as Americans, tend to be a little prejudice against most people of that religion, even if they aren't among the radical, christian-hating group.

No comments: