Friday, January 22, 2010

Intro

Hey, I’m Sarah.

I have trouble sleeping, and I try my best to enjoy it. I'm one of those people that eat at IHOP and Denny's in the middle of the night for the hell of it. I’m pretty good with pets (including fish). I’m not so good with household plants. I’m absolutely tickled pink that the plant in my room has survived three summers! It looks a little dehydrated, but it’s pulling through.

I love writing. I’ve been writing for nearly half my life. I would say “writing seriously”, but I don’t write instructional manuals or text books. I suppose I do have some serious experience in writing. I was the copy editor of an award winning yearbook last year. I graduated and was forced to retire from my position. I’m not sure I miss it.

When the weather chooses to be friendly, I love to hike. I’ve lived here my entire life, so I’ve been on most of the trails. For the past few years, I’ve been going off trail in the woods around my house. There’s plenty to explore, and there are some great views of the lake.

Driving is another pastime I indulge in. It is probably the most expensive, too. Gotta love the economy. Sometimes I go alone and sometimes I take a friend. As much as I love the sun, I often end up driving at night because I rarely have time during the day. I like to think that such drives refine my driving skills because practice makes perfect, right? Unfortunately, I drive more than I park...

Art has always been a part of my life. My mother and her side of the family love art, so I’m convinced that my love for art is innate. I don’t remember when I started drawing, but I know it was definitely my first love. I’m self taught for the most part, but I have taken art classes and learned from those as well.

Sadly, I’ve had very little experience with art history. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, though! I know I’ll enjoy it more than the extensive history lessons I receive from my dad during dinner on the world wars.

No comments: