Sunday, December 7, 2008

Postmodern Art & Architecture

I love looking at Postmodern art. I like how it jumps out at you. The art that's been created before has all been closed in. Artist were never able to add humor in their paintings. Artists were getting bad reviews from the public when they finished a piece of art that wasn't approved by the art schools. Yes, many artist were talented in painting very real situations in life, but sometimes you need a whimsical piece of art to stare at. I could understand why some people wouldn't like any postmodern art. I like how I am able to stare at a piece of postmodern art and still be able to stare at it some more months later. Postmodern art has its own beauty that only some see. Yes, some artwork doesn't visually look like what's its supposed to represent but it does make you think and feel what the artist was doing. This goes the same for postmodern architecture. Many architects can create a beautiful building, but it takes real talent to create a postmodern building (in my own opinion). I would love to live in a building like this blue one above. I love how an architect can make a home so personal and unique to the homeowners. Postmodernism in architecture is beautiful and I personally wish that buildings now and days could use some more "punch." There are too many sub divisions being made with houses that look the same in a row. I'm hoping for something drastic to start happening in the future. I'm waiting for more personalized homes to be made. I really don't know exactly what will happen in the future, but i feel that many people aren't paying enough attention the art these days and maybe the next BIG think will happen soon?

No comments: