Friday, December 12, 2008

Henry Dargers Unreal World

I found Dargers secret world very interesting. He spent so much of his life and time devoted to creating his unreal world. The plot of his novel is very interesting but not something that I would actually read but his illustrations were awsome. Although some of them I found were kind of disturbing but his artwork was his own and he devoted so much time into it. I respect his as an artist and a person for that. Even though throughout his life he was said to have mental problems he wrote an entire novel that came completely out of his head through his life experiences. He expressed his mind through his writings and his paintings which in my opinion makes him an artist. I dont really see the difference in the 'art circle' and the 'outsider artists' so I dont think I can classify him as any specific kind of artist. All and all I see and respect Darger as an artist even tho I found some of it disturbing.

No comments: