Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Propaganda






Through propaganda, anyone with the means can get, or at least attemp to get a point across to many differant people. Propaganda was first used by the church to push people into giving them money and power. Also they wanted you to the right thing and such, but i dont remember thoes...







I really like the style of this poster. I reminds me of old disney cartoons. Im sure this poster was put out against the Ministry of Homeland security when they took so much criticisizm.






Propaganda has affected everyone more than they probly know. it. What exactly is propaganda anymore? I see propaganda many differant places, weather it be on the presidential race or for Aids awareness. On John Stewart or BET. You dont see too many posters any more. One that is very prominent in my mind is for brest cancer awareness. We say that a lot dont we, awareness. But does this propaganda really make us, aware?




One bit i cannot stand is the commercial on the radio about the effects of second hand smoke on children. It is so sad, i cant stand to hear it. You bet it makes me aware. Still yet, even the best propaganda may not work...
This makes me think of Good Morning Vietnam.
Propaganda has always been prominant during war time.




No comments: