Tuesday, January 15, 2008

from Mike Eckels

Hi,
I am Mike Eckels. After my job of working in a photo finishing business for 14.5 year went away, I had the opportunity to go back to school to get an assoicate's degree in Graphic Design. I last attended college in 1980 as an Organ Performance Major at the U of A in Fayetteville. The last several years, 17 to be exact, I served as aviation historian for the Arkansas Air Museum and the Fayetteville Airport. I also served as curator for the Ozark Militay Museum also at the Fayetteville Airport. This was my other dream job besides the photo lab.

I have served as flight engineer and co-pilot for a vintage RCAF Twinbeech called "Canadian Queen". I have over 60 hours, unofficial, of flight time in this twin engine warbird. My passion of flying and aviation photograph. I have also designed many of the early Fayetteville Airshow posters. This is where I became interested in graphic design.

My 16 year old niece and my late son are my inspirtation for learning this art form. I can't wait for this semester to start!

No comments: