Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Postmodern Art & Architecture

Postmodern art is what people in the renaissance era would not even call art I like that it is now considered art whatever you want to use to create your masterpiece can be considered art. For example, The Walk Home, by artist Julian Schnabel, according to the book, “he used fragmented china plates bonded to wood, to paint on velvet and tarpaulin, he found an extension of what paint could do.” Postmodern architecture looks to me as if it popped right off a set of today’s movies, I love this because it shows artists being able to dream up there most creative and bizarre art that there thinking of and make it into a reality. The architecture is what I find most interesting because there are so many different ways that you can design something and buildings fascinate me. I dislike in postmodern art that I do not always quiet see what the painter was trying to get across to the viewer always, for example, Susan Rothenberg’s Tattoo, it looks like a bunch of squiggly lines to me, I have a hard time looking for that deeper meaning in the painting. I think that the future of art will be art like we have never experienced it, some people may call postmodern art weird and exotic because it seems almost beyond our times, so who knows maybe it will be photographs of everyone in flying cars there is no telling. I think the next big thing will be graphic design, digital art; technology is growing like wild fires these days. My children will see more technology then I probably will in my entire life time.

No comments: