Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Henry Darger

I found this video to be very interesting. I think that no one really knew Henry Darger because in my opinion he didn't know how to communicate with the outside world he was an "outsider artist". He had been through so much that he didn't know how so he solved his problems through his imagination by creating his life time master piece of a 15,000 page book, that no one knew existed until he was on his death bed. Darger was one of a kind and was a human being just like the rest of us. He had a different way of coping and that was through his art work and story telling. I thought that Darger lived a great life in his head like his neighbor said but a very sad one on the outside. If Darger could live his life over again I would hope that someone would have realized how truly talented he really was and taken into account who he was and was able to look past his reclusive behavior. He had so much love to give, as showing in his story of protecting the young girls and the children. I felt really bad that he could not get approved to adopt children and even afford to have a canine companion to share his love with.

No comments: