Wednesday, September 16, 2009

David Hockney's Film

After watching David Hockney's film, I was astonished by what I saw. He stated that he believed that many great artist through out time had the use of a camera of sorts. While he has sufficient proof to support this, I personally do not believe his theory. I think that it is absolutely ridiculous to assume something that he has no physical proof of. I also think it is quite insulting to the artists of the time. In short, he was saying that none of the great artists of the renaissance were talented enough to do the pieces of art without outside help. I can say that I am neither relieved or disappointed about this theory as I do not believe that he is right. I am however, disappointed that he felt necessary to undermine what those fabulous artists have accomplished. I also think that if this were indeed the case this would have been discovered long before now. People have been studying art for centuries, as long as art has been around, and by now, if they suspected this was the case, I would like to think that they would have announced it. Hockney's theory is quite insulting. He is saying that the artist he mentioned had pretty much just traced their work. Quite frankly, I think he is completely out of his mind.

No comments: