Thursday, February 19, 2009

Continuity & Permanence

I think the Egyptians were preoccupied with continuity and permanence because they believed in life after they died. They were all about stars and astronomy. They built the pyramids from looking at the stars. I believe the Egyptians based their whole life for death to come.

I believe the Egyptians thought of their king as a God to them. They took care of him and did everything for them. I believe that they were mummified and kept in the pyramid because they thought in the after life they would be with the king again. Also, they thought being mummified was the only way to come back from the dead. I think they lived their life just to prepare themselves for the after life. Egyptians also built the pyramids so their spirits would be somewhere safe when they came back and the pyramids would bring them directly to the after life.

I truly believe Egyptians were preoccupied with continuity and permanence because they believed they would come back after they were dead. There whole life was to prepare themselves for this upcoming event that they would work so hard for.

No comments: