Friday, April 18, 2008

Russian Orthodox Church and Icons.

Russian Orthodox Church and Icons.

I greatly enjoyed the guest speakers, I thought that the speech that Dr. John Tuthills and Fr John Atchison gave was informative and very interesting. Before the guest speakers I did not know much about Russian Orthodox Church. They did a good job describing the Russian Orthodox Church and their icons so those ,who like me might that do not know much about the church or icons could easily understand. Dr. John Tuthills and Fr John Atchison did an excellent job at not only describing the so called technical aspects of the Russian Orthodox Church, such as the structure and method of building it, but going deep inside the believes and thoughts that are behind them. Dr. John Tuthills explained in great detail the Russian Orthodox church and I thought that he did a great job explaining the brilliant art and architecture of the amazing cathedrals. I also thought that one very interesting aspect of the speech was when Dr. John Tuthills began to explain the history behind the Church and believes. I also really enjoyed Father John Atchison’s speech about the Icon of the Roman Orthodox Church, I love learning about other cultures and religions and I thought that Fr. Atchison did an excellent job at explaining these icons and the religion behind them and answering the questions that followed. I had not realized before these guest speakers what importance the Icons held in the church, however after the speech I now realize that both the structure of the church and icons are in fact extremely important and hold great value.

No comments: